Monday, October 24, 2011

Oktoberfest :D

Oktoberfest: The Quintessential German Event

Oktoberfest. Beer. Pretzels. Dirndls and Lederhosen. Lots of people. 

Because I am staying in Germany for a year, I thought that going to the original Oktoberfest was a must and I'm glad I did. I had an amazing time with some great PPPlers. I took the train early Saturday morning to Munich and arrived in the city decked out in my dirndl around noon. I walked around the festival and got some food until the other PPPlers arrived. A group of PPPlers from Radolfzell and Cologne arrived around 3 pm and we managed to find a table outside of the Augstiner Brauhaus. We sat, drank, talked, and laughed until it got dark. All of the sudden it started pouring down rain! The non-intelligent group decision was to run back to the train station the pouring down rain and so we ran. Once we arrived at the train station soaked, I changed into some dry wear, bid farewell to my other PPPlers, and waited for my train to Augsburg. One of my many relatives in Germany lives in Augsburg and she let me stay with her on Saturday night. It was so nice to have a warm bed to sleep in after the torrential rain storm I experienced. All in all it was an awesome day with awesome friends and I am so glad I went. 
 Here's some pictures from Oktoberfest:









 
        







And Augsburg:






I apologize again for the delay in posting. Hopefully I will post about Dresden/Berlin soon but I can't make any promises...my mommy's coming Wednesday and I am so excited!!!!












No comments:

Post a Comment